UETTDRRFO6/HLTAID001 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place, including providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This covers the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months.
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- The skills and knowledge required to rescue a person in contact with low voltage live electrical conductors and equipment
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply identified first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate own performance
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment: UETTDRRF06 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel, HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.