Provide Advanced First Aid
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings.
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Coordinate first aid activities until arrival of medical assistance
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment: HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid.