HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (replaces HLTAID006)
HLTAID006. This course deals with the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings.
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Coordinate first aid activities until arrival of medical assistance
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment: HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid.