HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
Provide Advanced Resuscitation provides the skills and knowledge required to use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This course applies to workers who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Prepare resuscitation equipment ready for use
- Apply bag, valve and mask resuscitation techniques
- Administer oxygen
- Operate suction equipment
- Restore and maintain equipment ready for use
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment: HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation.