Mental Health First Aid Course – 2 Days (21 & 22 July)
July 22 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$265
Mental Health First Aid Course (12 Hours)
The course covers the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems, how to provide initial help, what professional help is available, effective help options (as shown by research) and first aid for a mental health crisis situation. It provides the knowledge and skills needed to feel confident to help.
This is a Face to Face MHFA course. This course is also offered fully Online (click here for information) or in Blended mode (online learning with a face to face workshop).
This is a research based course developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia, a national not-for-profit organisation focused on mental health training and research. Find out more about the Mental Health First Aid course here.
Note: This is an education course designed to teach adults the skills to give first aid to other adults, it is not a therapy or support group. If you would like to discuss if this course is right for you, please call or email us.
Who is this Course For:
General public and community groups
Having mental health first aid skills means that you can assist someone developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis and make a real difference to your community.
More and more workplaces are realising the impact of mental health problems at work on their people and productivity. Encouraging early help- seeking is one way to promote a mentally healthy workplace. This is where Mental Health First Aid can help.
Mental health first aid is an evidence-based training course which gives your employees the skills and confidence to have supportive conversations with their co-workers and help guide them to professional help if needed. It has been shown to increase knowledge, confidence and helping behaviours, and reduce stigma.
To book a Mental Health First Aid course at your workplace call us on #5444 4171 or email email@example.com
- Certificate of completion of Mental Health First Aid training
- Course participants may undertake an optional online assessment to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider (there is no extra cost for this)
This course is offered in a number of ways;
• 2 consecutive days,
• 2 non-consecutive days
• or 4 x 3hour sessions
The course name includes if the course is 2 days / 4 sessions
Location: Assist First Aid training centre (the course can be delivered onsite for businesses or community groups)
- People who attend Mental Health First Aid training can complete an optional online assessment to be accredited as a Mental Health First Aider.
- Mental Health First Aider accreditation is valid for three years.
- Recognising common mental health problems
- Providing initial help to someone experiencing a mental health problem
- An evidence-based Action Plan
- Responding in a crisis situation
- Participants have the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe environment
- Mental health problems covered: depression, anxiety problems, psychosis, substance use problems
- Mental health crises covered: suicidal thoughts and behaviours, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drugs use, aggressive behaviours
|Mental Health First Aid Course - 2 Days (21 & 22 July)||21 & 22 July 2022||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||ASSIST First Aid Sunshine Coast||13||$265.00|