Tertiary Student Mental Health First Aid Course – Blended Learning
September 27 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$120
Tertiary Student Mental Health First Aid Course - Blended Learning
This course covers the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems‚ how to provide help‚ what professional help is available, effective help options (as shown by research) and first aid for mental health crisis situations. It provides the knowledge and skills needed to feel confident to help.
This is a Blended course which is composed of self-paced eLearning followed by a Face to Face workshop.
This is a research based course developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia, a national not-for-profit organisation focused on mental health training and research. Find out more about the Mental Health First Aid course here.
That you are a Tertiary student.
You must have completed the online e-learning before attending the Face to Face workshop.
Note: This is an education course‚ it is not a therapy or support group. If you would like to discuss if this course is right for you‚ please call or email us.
Who is this Course For:
- Certificate of completion of Mental Health First Aid training
- Course participants may undertake an optional online assessment to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider (there is no extra cost for this)
- Self paced e-Learning (5-7 hours).
- You will be emailed the link and voucher to redeem for your eLearning.
- The e-Learning must be completed before the Face to Face session (so please leave yourself enough time).
- Face to Face workshop session (4 hours).
- Proof of having completed the eLearning will be required.
- You must complete both components to complete the course / become a Mental Health First Aider
- This is a practical workshop focused on applying of knowledge and skills learnt in the eLearning component. You will have the opportunity to:
- Examine issues relevant to student mental health problems in more depth
- Clarify any questions who you have after completion of the eLearning
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to scenarios
- Discuss and reflect on 'where to from now' in using mental health first aid skills
- Mental Health First Aid manual
- The current Mental Health First Aid manual will be provided to you (either mailed or picked up on campus).
If you have already completed the e-Learning component and have your manual, you can book the Face to Face workshop only. This costs $65. To enrol in this option please call us.
For onsite group bookings please contact us on 5444 4171 or email email@example.com
- People who attend Mental Health First Aid training can complete an optional online assessment to be accredited as a Mental Health First Aider (there is no additional cost for this).
- Mental Health First Aider accreditation is valid for three years.
- Recognising common mental health problems
- Providing initial help to someone experiencing a mental health problem
- An evidence-based Action Plan
- Responding in a crisis situation
- Participants have the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe environment
- Mental health problems covered: depression, anxiety problems, psychosis, substance use problems
- Mental health crises covered: suicidal thoughts and behaviours, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drugs use, aggressive behaviours