Workplace Mental Health First Aid Course – Online (eLearning & 2 online workshops) – 25 & 26 August
August 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$265
Workplace Mental Health First Aid Course - Online (eLearning & 2 online workshops)
The course covers the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems, how to provide initial help, what professional help is available, effective help options (as shown by research) and first aid for a mental health crisis situation. It provides the knowledge and skills needed to feel confident to help.
This is an Online course made up of of self-paced eLearning followed by 2 live online workshops.
Note: This is an education course‚ it is not a therapy or support group. If you would like to discuss if this course is right for you, please call or email us.
Who is this Course For:
More and more workplaces are realising the impact of mental health problems at work on their people and productivity. Encouraging early help- seeking is one way to promote a mentally healthy workplace. This is where Mental Health First Aid can help.
Mental health first aid is an evidence-based training course which gives employees the skills and confidence to have supportive conversations with their co-workers or other adults and help guide them to professional help if needed. It has been shown to increase knowledge, confidence and helping behaviours, and reduce stigma.
This is a research based course developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia, a national not-for-profit organisation focused on mental health training and research. Find out more about the Mental Health First Aid course here.
To book a Mental Health First Aid course at your workplace call us on #5444 4171 or email email@example.com
- Certificate of completion of Mental Health First Aid training
- Course participants may undertake an optional online assessment to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider (there is no extra cost for this)
- Self paced eLearning (5-7 hours)
- Once you have enrolled, you will be emailed the link and voucher to redeem for your eLearning
- The e-Learning must be completed before the Face to Face session (please ensure to leave yourself enough time)
- 2 x 2.5 hour live Zoom workshop sessions (see below for session times)
- You will be emailed a Zoom link for your workshop sessions
- Proof of completing the eLearning will be required
- You must attend both sessions to become a Mental Health First Aider
- Mental Health First Aid manual
- The current Mental Health First Aid manual will be mailed to you via standard post
- Mental Health First Aider accreditation
- Once you have completed both the eLearning and the workshops you will be able to take a short online exam to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider There is no additional cost for this
- Workshop Only: If you have already completed the e-Learning and have your manual, you can book the workshops only. This costs $165. To enrol in this option please call us.
- This course is also offered via a 2 day Face to Face course or a Blended mode (eLearning a 4 hour Face to Face workshop). For more information or to book the Face to Face option click here. For information on the Blended mode (eLearning / Face to Face) click here.
- Courses without the minimum number of participants will be rescheduled. Participants may transfer to a different date or request a refund. If an eLearning voucher has been issued, the refund will be the full fee minus $100. Click here for the full course Terms and Conditions..
- People who attend Mental Health First Aid training can complete an optional online assessment to be accredited as a Mental Health First Aider (there is no additional cost for this).
- Mental Health First Aider accreditation is valid for three years.
- Recognising common mental health problems
- Providing initial help to someone experiencing a mental health problem
- An evidence-based Action Plan
- Responding in a crisis situation
- Participants have the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe environment
- Mental health problems covered: depression, anxiety problems, psychosis, substance use problems
- Mental health crises covered: suicidal thoughts and behaviours, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drugs use, aggressive behaviours
|Workplace Mental Health First Aid Course - Online (eLearning & 2 online workshops) - 25 & 26 August||25 & 26 August 2022||10:00 am - 12:30 pm||Online||12||$265.00|