Workplace Mental Health First Aid Course – Online Mode
June 6 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm$265
Workplace Mental Health First Aid Course - Online Mode
The course covers the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems, how to provide initial help, what professional help is available, effective help options (as shown by research) and first aid for a mental health crisis situation. It provides the knowledge and skills needed to feel confident to help.
This is the Online MHFA course which is composed of self-paced eLearning followed by live online workshops.
This course is also offered fully Face to Face (click here for information) or in Blended mode (online learning with a face to face workshop).
This is a research based course developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia, a national not-for-profit organisation focused on mental health training and research. Find out more about the Mental Health First Aid course here.
Note: This is an education course‚ it is not a therapy or support group. If you would like to discuss if this course is right for you, please call or email us.
Who is this Course For:
Having mental health first aid skills means that you can assist someone developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis and make a real difference to your community.
More and more workplaces are realising the impact of mental health problems at work on their people and productivity. Encouraging early help- seeking is one way to promote a mentally healthy workplace. This is where Mental Health First Aid can help.
Mental health first aid is an evidence-based training course which gives your employees the skills and confidence to have supportive conversations with their co-workers and help guide them to professional help if needed. It has been shown to increase knowledge, confidence and helping behaviours, and reduce stigma.
To book a Mental Health First Aid course at your workplace call us on #5444 4171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certificate of completion of Mental Health First Aid training
- Course participants may undertake an optional online assessment to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider (there is no extra cost for this)
- Component 1: Self paced e-Learning (5-7 hours).
- Once you have enrolled and paid for your course, you will be emailed the link and voucher to redeem for your eLearning.
- The current Mental Health First Aid manual will be mailed to you via standard post (this is included in the price).
- The e-Learning must be completed before the video conference sessions (so please leave yourself enough time).
- Component 2: 2 x 2.5 hour live Zoom workshop sessions (see below for session times).
- You will be emailed a Zoom link for your workshop sessions.
- Proof of completing the eLearning will be required.
- You must attend both sessions to become a Mental Health First Aider
Component 2 Only
If you have already completed the e-Learning component and have your manual, you can book the video conferencing sessions only for $165. To enrol in this option please call us.
For onsite group bookings please contact us on 5444 4171 or email email@example.com
Note: This course is also offered via a 2 day Face to Face course or a Blended mode (eLearning a 4 hour Face to Face workshop). For more information or to book the Face to Face option click here. For information on the Blended mode (eLearning / Face to Face) click here.
- People who attend Mental Health First Aid training can complete an optional online assessment to be accredited as a Mental Health First Aider.
- Mental Health First Aider accreditation is valid for three years.
- Recognising common mental health problems
- Providing initial help to someone experiencing a mental health problem
- An evidence-based Action Plan
- Responding in a crisis situation
- Participants have the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe environment
- Mental health problems covered: depression, anxiety problems, psychosis, substance use problems
- Mental health crises covered: suicidal thoughts and behaviours, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drugs use, aggressive behaviours
|Workplace Mental Health First Aid Course - Online Mode||30 May & 6 June 2022||02:30 pm - 05:00 pm||ASSIST First Aid Sunshine Coast||9||$265.00|