Are you looking for a job that fits in around uni or your other commitments?
ASSIST Medics could be the role for you!
ASSIST Medics is a Sunshine Coast owned and operated medical event coverage company with a solid reputation as providers of quality professional first aid and medical services, resources and training.
We cover sporting and community events with a wide range of medical support needs, ranging from two hour primary school activities, to A level sports matches, to club sports days and community festivals, to fully co-ordinated medical response teams (including medics, paramedics, nurses and doctors) for large community or international sports events.
ASSIST Medics is the sister organisation of the registered training organisation ASSIST First Aid (RTO #32022). Our HQ is in Buddina and we also have branches in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
We are looking for applicants on the Sunshine Coast, in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast to work as Level 1 Medics in 2022.
Applications must meet the following requirements:
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates.
- Paid Working with Children Check/Blue Card.
- Current drivers licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Team player with the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously.
- Excellent work ethic, communication, computer and written skills.
- Attention to detail well organised with excellent time management skills.
- Available to work at different times and or locations primarily Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to suit business needs.
Some things it’s important for you to know
- Successful applicants will be employed as a Level 1 Medic on a casual basis.
- New recruits are required to complete a number of buddy shifts (these are unpaid) to provide training, ensure they are suitable and provide clinical development.
- There is an initial probation period of three months, this is to make sure it’s working well for you and for us.
- On successful completion of the three month probation period you will need to upgrade to Level 2 Medic. This can be done with ASSIST First Aid. There is a cost to cover the course however ASSIST Medics receive a significant discount.
- Level 2 Medic includes certificates in; HLTAID014 (Advanced First Aid), PUAEME004 (Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Spinal Injury) and SISSS00118 (Sports Trainer Level 1).
- Large volume of work available
- Flexible working hours
- Choose your own shifts
- A great team
- Fair pay, based on the levels in the miscellaneous award 2020
- Discount First Aid courses
- Uniform shirt and hat are provided
- Purchase your First aid kit and contents at cost
- You are covered by full comprehensive insurance
Keen to apply?
If think you have what we are looking for and are willing to come to an in person interview then email your resume to the manager for your region.
Sunshine Coast – email@example.com
Brisbane – firstname.lastname@example.org
Gold Coast – email@example.com
If you do not have current First Aid and CPR Certificates, but feel this opportunity is right for you, you can complete them through our Training Organisation Assist First Aid (32022).
If you would like a pdf of the role for yourself or to pass along to a friend click here.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!