ASSIST First Aid are excited to announce a new course! Sports Trainer Level 1 courses will be offered on the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and in Brisbane.
The Sports Trainer Level 1 course introduces students to the basic principles of sports medicine and provides the basic knowledge and skills required by sports trainers to respond to, manage and report on sporting injuries.
This course is ideal for sporting clubs to train members so they can be first aid responders at club games or matches. It is also great for teachers, coaches, administrators and parents – anyone involved in club sports or school sports.
Sports Trainer Level 1 is required to become an accredited Sports Trainer in Australia and is required for game or match first aid responders for some sporting codes.
The course includes:
- HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting *
- SISSSCO015 Prepare Participants for Sports Competition
- SISSSPT001 Implement sport injury prevention and management strategies
*Students who hold a current HLTAID003 Provide first aid certificate OR current First Aid and CPR certificates are able to receive credit for that component.
On successful complete of the course students receive a statement of attainment as a SISSS00118 Sports Trainer Level 1 .
- 3-day course (2-days for students who hold current HLTAID003 Provide first aid OR current First Aid and CPR certificates).
- Students do not need any first aid experience or qualifications to undertake this course.
- Scheduled courses commence February on the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast (dates coming soon).
- Clubs or groups of 6 or more can book private training. Trainers are available now, to come to your location on the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast or in Brisbane.
Get in touch to book your club in for training or register your interest so we can let you know when scheduled course dates and booking is available.