ASSIST Medics is looking for people to join the team as Level 1 Medics in Brisbane.
ASSIST Medics is a Sunshine Coast owned and operated medical event coverage company with a solid reputation as providers of quality professional first aid and medical services, resources and training.
We cover events with a wide range of medical support needs, ranging from two hour primary school activities, to A level sports matches to fully co-ordinated medical response teams (including medics, paramedics, nurses and doctors) for large community or international sports events.
Our HQ is close to Maroochydore and we have branches in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
ASSIST Medics is a Sunshine Coast owned and operated medical event coverage company that is the sister organisation of the registered training organisation (32022) ASSIST First Aid. Based in Buddina, we have branches in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. We cover events ranging in complexity from a single first responder or medic attending a two hour primary school activity right through to a fully co-ordinated medical response team consisting of medics, paramedics, nurses and doctors at international multi-sport events.
ASSIST Medics has a solid reputation as providers of quality professional first aid and medical services, resources and training. We are looking for applicants in Brisbane with the following:
- HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting (HLTAID001 Provide CPR, HLTAID003 Provide First Aid).
- Paid Working with Children Check/Blue Card.
- Current drivers licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Team player with the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously.
- Excellent work ethic, communication, computer and written skills.
- Attention to detail well organised with excellent time management skills.
- Available to work at different times and or locations primarily Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to suit business needs.
Some things it’s important for you to know
- Successful applicants will be employed as a Level 1 Medic on a casual basis.
- New recruits are required to complete a number of buddy shifts (these are unpaid) to provide training, ensure they are suitable and provide clinical development.
- There is an initial probation period of three months, this is to make sure it’s working well for you and for us.
- On successful completion of the three month probation period you will need to upgrade to Level 2 Medic. This can be done with ASSIST First Aid. There is a cost to cover the course however ASSIST Medics receive a significant discount.
- Level 2 Medic includes certificates in; HLTAID006 (Advanced First Aid), PUAEME004 (Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Spinal Injury) and SISSS00118 (Sports Trainer Level 1).
- Large volume of work available
- Flexible working hours
- A great team
- Fair pay, based on the levels in the miscellaneous award 2020
- Discount First Aid courses
- Uniform shirt and hat are provided
- Purchase your First aid kit and contents at cost
- You are covered by full comprehensive insurance
Keen to apply?
If think you have what we are looking for and are willing to come to an in person interview then email your resume to email@example.com
If you do not have the required certificates, but feel this opportunity is right for you, you can complete them through our Registered Training Organisation Assist First Aid (32022).
Click here for a pdf of the role.
If you are keen to join ASSIST Medics in Brisbane, we look forward to hearing from you!