TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment prior to or at the course, are both acceptable.
- Student/s will not receive certification until full payment for the course has been made.
- If ASSIST First Aid cancels a course that has been paid in full, ASSIST First Aid will make every attempt to transfer the student/s to another appropriate course (if mutually acceptable).
- If there is no appropriate course, ASSIST First Aid will offer a full refund.
- If a student/s cancels a course, ASSIST First Aid will endeavor to transfer the student/s to another mutually acceptable, appropriate course.
- If there is no appropriate course, and the student/s canceled more than 5 working days before the course commencement, ASSIST First Aid will offer a full refund.
- If there is no appropriate course, and the student/s canceled less than 5 working days, but more than 24 hours before the course commencement, ASSIST First Aid will offer a refund minus an administration fee of $25.00.
- If there is no appropriate course, and the student/s canceled less than 24 hours before the course commencement, ASSIST First Aid will provide a refund of 75% of the course fee. The remainder is retained to cover costs incurred for trainers and administration.
- No refund will be given to the student/s who cancel or choose not to complete the course after the course has commenced.
- Online courses are deemed to have commenced the first time the student/s starts the course online.
Recognised Prior Learning:
- All Registered Training Organisations are bound by a code of mutual recognition of all qualifications issued by any other issuing authority in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- If you wish to receive recognition for prior learning an application for this must be submitted and approved by ASSIST First Aid before attending a course.
- Fees may vary according to the course and the amount of RPL accepted.
Behaviour on Course:
- All students must be considerate to others; those who are not may be asked to leave.
- The trainer has the right to evict any student/s demonstrating disruptive, unacceptable or offensive behavior.
- The trainer has the right to evict any student/s adversely drug or alcohol affected.
- For courses with prerequisites, proof of these must be supplied before the commencement of your course (you can find a list of any course prerequisites in the course information).
- So that you are not impacting the learning of other students, pre-course questionnaires, e-learning or workbooks must be completed before the commencement of courses. ASSIST First Aid reserves the right to cancel, without refunds the course of students who have not completed pre-course questionnaires, e-learning or workbooks.
- Assessment areas will be marked Satisfactory or Not Yet Satisfactory.
- Practical assessment may involve work on the floor. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the trainer is aware of any physical disability or injury that needs consideration.
- Theory assessment may involve a multiple-choice theory paper (assessment may be oral if required).
- Any student/s with concerns about assessments because of difficulties in reading or writing should inform the trainer.
- All course requirements and assessments must be completed to a satisfactory level before a certificate can be issued.
- Feedback provided the student/s will remain confidential and the student/s does not have to provide their name on the feedback form.
- Course evaluation feedback does not impact or alter the student/s course assessment.
Records and Privacy:
- All records are securely electronically stored, and are available to the student upon request. All hard copies are destroyed.
- All information about the student/s is confidential and will not be released to any other person without written consent.
- Student information is only shared with external agencies such as registering authorities to meet compliance requirements as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). All information shared is kept in the strictest confidence by both parties and is available upon written request.
- Student/s data is reported to relevant government authorities as required by Australian legislation covering nationally recognised training and nationally accredited training organisations. All data is securely transferred and kept confidential in line with Australian privacy legislation. For more information on what is reported and reporting requirements go to www.asqa.gov.au/rto/responsibilities/data-collection-and-provision
- Information gathered will not be used for marketing purposes without student/s approval and is not supplied to any unauthorised party.
- All complaints are taken seriously and handled confidentially.
- ASSIST First Aid endeavors to resolve issues of contention quickly.
- For information on ASSIST First Aid complains process, speak to the trainer or, contact ASSIST directly.