Are you looking for casual work or some extra income and a job that fits in around your other commitments? Are you based on the Sunshine Coast, in Gympie, in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast?
A Sport & Events First Aider job with ASSIST Medics could be for you!
ASSIST Medics is a Sunshine Coast owned and operated medical event coverage company with a solid reputation as providers of quality professional first aid and medical services, resources and training.
We cover sporting and community events with a wide range of medical support needs, including; three hour primary school activities, A level sports matches, club sports days, community festivals and fully co-ordinated medical response teams (including medics, paramedics, nurses and doctors) for large community or international sporting events.
ASSIST Medics is the sister organisation of the registered training organisation ASSIST First Aid (RTO #32022). Our HQ is in Buddina and we have branches in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
About the Role
We are looking for people to join our team as sports and events First Aiders / Level 1 Medics;
- We are looking for applicants for four regions: Sunshine Coast, Gympie Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- Ideally suitable as a secondary job or supplementary income.
- A medical background is not required, we’ve had great first aiders from all walks of life. The most important attributes are that you like sports and have the right attitude.
- Good with people and establishing rapport and keen to support a variety of events (predominantly sport, but also some community events).
- Team player who is self-motivated, has an excellent work ethic and can work autonomously.
- Confident using a computer and good written skills.
- Shows attention to detail, well organised with strong time management skills.
- Available to work at different times and or locations primarily Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to suit sports and events schedules.
- University students and mature age applicants welcome.
Applications must meet the following requirements:
- Current first aid and CPR certificates (we are also a registered first aid training organisation and can assist with getting these).
- Paid Working with Children Check/Blue Card.
- Current drivers licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
Some things it’s important for you to know
- Successful applicants will be employed as a Level 1 Medic on a casual basis.
- New recruits are required to buddy shifts (these are unpaid) to provide training and ensure they are suitable for the role.
- There is an initial probation period of three months, this is to make sure it’s working well for you and for us. On successful completion of the probation period you need to upgrade to Level 2 Medic. This can be done through ASSIST First Aid. There is a cost to undertake the course however ASSIST Medics receive a significant discount.
- Level 2 Medic includes certificates in; HLTAID006 (Advanced First Aid), PUAEME004 (Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Spinal Injury) and SISSS00118 (Sports Trainer Level 1)..
- Lots of work available
- Flexible working hours (you choose what events you work)
- A great team
- Excellent real world experience
- Fair pay, based on the miscellaneous award 2020
- Uniform shirt and hat
- Discount First Aid courses
- First aid kit and supplies at cost
- You are covered by full comprehensive insurance
Keen to apply?
If think you would make a great sport & event First Aider and are willing to meet for an in person interview then email your resume us.
If you don’t have the required first aid certificates, but feel you would be a great at a Sport & Events First Aider job you are still welcome to apply. Just let us know why you would suit the role. If we employ you, you can complete the required first aid certificates through us as we are a Registered Training Organisation (Assist First Aid 32022).
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
Know someone else suitable? We’d love you to pass the info along.